Last Updated On: July 25th, 2020
3 Ways to Create a Happy Flower Container That Lasts All Summer.
In this podcast, you'll hear how to keep your flower containers happy through planning with our 3 key points.
What You'll Learn:
- 3 ways to keep your flower containers happy all summer.
- Planning for your plants happiness.
- Resources and links for more information.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- How to Choose the Right Plant For Your Garden Ep. 49 (podast)
- Coneflowers: A Gardener's Guide - Plant Profile (article)
- How to Strategize and Manage Garden Pests Like a Pro (article)
- When to Remove Old Mulch Before Adding New Mulch (video)
- Want to get started, but not sure on what? Go to our Start-Here Page!
Our 3 Ways To Keep Your Flower Containers Happy All Summer
Containers full of flowering plants can liven up your garden and outdoor spaces, but how do you keep them healthy and happy during the summer months?
It all starts with planning.
Do these 3 things to make sure your summer flowering plants are happy in their containers:
- Choose plants with the same water, soil, and sun exposure needs
- Make sure plants won't grow into or over each other as they mature over the summer
- Choose containers that can let excess water drain so plant roots aren't suffocated
Plants that pair well in full sun needing water every two or so days and good-draining soil:
- Common Yarrow
Plants that pair well in full sun needing regular/ daily watering and good draining soil:
Plants that pair well in partial sun/shade needing regular/ daily watering and good draining soil:
If you aren't sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
And, if you have questions about these 3 ways to keep your container flowers happy this summer, we are here to help, so please email us.
Thanks for Listening!!!
That's all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the "Listen" tab. Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.