Last Updated On: May 6th, 2021
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. To Be Released April 27th, 2021!
What are Peat Pots
Peat pots are pots made of actual natural peat and wood that composts over time.
They are easy to use and can be very handy to have in specific seed and plant growing situations.
Over time these peat pots breakdown to compost into your garden soil so there isn't any need to dispose of them or wonder if they are negatively impacting your garden in any way.
Two Great Reasons to Use Peat Pots This Spring
- They are marketed to gardeners mainly to use when sowing seeds of flowers and vegetables that have either delicate roots or just don't like to be transplanted at all after sowing. These plants can include poppies, celosia, china asters, cucumbers, milkweed, nasturtiums, okra, luffa, and many others.
- Another reason to use peat pots is to phase out your use of plastic pots. These can include plug tray sizes, small 4 inch, 8 inch, 1 gallon and even larger sized containers.
To plant your seeds fast, and thin or transplant your seedlings this Spring, check out The Little Dibby!
Made by Gardeners for Gardeners. One Tool, Two Ends, Many Uses!
Go to spokengarden.com/littledibby to find out more about this versatile seed planting and seedling thinning and transplanting tool, made exclusively by us, Sean and Allison.
You can find more about The Little Dibby and purchase your Little Dibby at our Etsy Store!
Watch Our #Shorts Video To Be Introduced to The Little Dibby
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you pre-order our new book "The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers" on Amazon with our new release date of April 27th which you can pre-order now!
We have partnered with Eden Brothers to be able to give you 15% off your next purchase when you enter the coupon code "SPOKEN" at checkout.
Get your high-quality seeds fast from Eden Brothers.com.
If you aren't sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
And, if you have questions about these or other plants, we are here to help, so please email us.
Thanks for Listening!!!
Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.