Have you ever wanted to attract more garden wildlife to your yard, including pollinators? How could you build your own pollinator garden? Where would you place it in your yard? What pollinators would you want to attract to your garden and how?
On ep. 20, we help you answer these questions by walking you through how to design and think about the placement of your pollinator garden by incorporating our podcast series: basic garden design steps (ep. 1-6).
By the end of this episode, you should have a good idea of how to build, start, and maintain your own pollinator garden!
This episode is for those of you who need help getting started and understanding the basics about designing a pollinator-friendly environment your own backyard. And, one you can use any season.
P.s. I used a movie quote and want to know if you heard it. If so, let us know the quote you heard and what movie it's from. Send your answer to our Instagram account @SpokenGarden by commenting on one of our posts or email us.
And hey—really quick before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE content we are so excited to give to you! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!
Share your thoughts:
Leave a note in the comment section below.
Leave comments/ suggestions at SeanandAllison@spokengarden.com or Spokengarden@gmail.com
To help out our show:
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Build Your Own Pollinator Garden!
Learn how to design and build a pollinator garden for any season.
Coming soon: Pollinator Cheat Sheet!
"And That's Good to Know" Segment
Over-watering vs. Under-watering
What You'll Learn:
- How to design your own pollinator garden
- How to build your own pollinator garden
- Where would you place it in your yard?
- What specific pollinators do you want to attract to your garden, and how?
- What happens to plants when they are either over or under-watered.
- Specific examples of plant reactions to over or under watering.
Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- How to attract pollinators to your garden LIKE A BOSS
- Top 5 Pollinators You Should Attract To Your Garden
- Bonus ep.3: Renting Mason Bees
- Ep. 14: Garden Pollinators and Their Favorite Flowers
- USDA - Cold Hardiness Map (for US locations)
- Sunset Western Garden - Climate Zones map (for US locations).
- Check out for Europe – Click on the "What's my zone" button https://www.gardenia.net/guide/european-hardiness-zones
- PNW Insect Handbook
Products Related To This Podcast:
Join the Spoken Garden Community!!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and gain access to our
growing selection of FREE garden resources!