Last Updated On: March 24th, 2020
Crocus Mini Plant Profile
In this podcast, you'll learn quick facts and plant care suggestions for your spring-flowering crocus flowers.
What You'll Learn:
- Quick facts to care for your spring crocus flowers.
- General crocus tips.
- Links and videos for further resources or education.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Spring Crocus: A Gardener's Guide and Plant Profile
- How to Plant Your Garden Bulbs (eBook)
- Daffodils: A Gardener's Guide and Plant Profile
- Stop Hand Digging in Your Garden (And Use This Bulb Auger Instead)
- Create Your Best Garden & Help It Thrive With These 12 Steps
- How to Take a Garden Inventory – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 130
Crocus flowers help welcome the spring season with their beautiful, cup-shaped flowers in shades of purple, yellow, and white.
They are pretty easy to care for and make perfect flowers for beginning or first-time gardeners.
In general, crocus flowers:
- Are considered a perennial corm-bulb.
- Are in the Iris family of plants, Iridaceae.
- Flowers come in colors of white, pink, purple, violet, lilac-blue with combinations of these colors and some can have highlights or streaks of yellow or red on petals or other parts of the flower.
- Blooms from late winter to spring.
- Generally, most species and types grow in Sunset= Zones 1 to 24. USDA= Hardy to zones 3 to 8.
- They prefer full sun.
Listen to the podcast above for more plant care facts. And, if you have more questions on how to care for your crocus flowers, please email us and let us know.
Thanks for Listening!!!
That's all for this DIY garden minute episode! You can find other one-minute topics on our podcast page at spokengarden.com/podcast or find us on your favorite podcast platform and Alexa!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.