Have you ever wondered about the difference between pruning vs. dead-heading your plants?
Pruning and dead-heading are both garden maintenance tasks but are performed for different purposes.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn about the differences.
This episode is for those of you newbies to more advanced gardeners who need help with the basics of planting your fall perennials.
Also, check out our Best Pruning Shears post here! Be sure to listen to our Podcast Episode 22, the start of our 7-episode mini-series on the 8-Fall Garden Tasks you should be doing and learn how to join our Fall Bootcamp Challenge!
Want to Learn to Prune Like a Pro?
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive your FREE cheat sheet! Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper pruning, different types of pruning cuts, steps to prune successfully, and pro-tips!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Spokengarden@gmail.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Pruning vs. Deadheading
Learn about the difference between pruning your plants vs. deadheading your plants.
What You'll Learn:
- What defines pruning?
- What defines dead-heading?
- How do these garden maintenance tasks differ from each other?
- Examples of each.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- How to Best Prune Your Garden This Winter
- 7 Best Garden Tools for Your Winter Pruning Needs
- Ep. 9: Fall Pruning
- How When and Why to Deadhead
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Garden or Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork