Vegetable gardening can sound like an overwhelming task if you don't know the basics. You might wonder whether you should build a vegetable garden in the first place or question what the benefits are of constructing your own garden.
We're here to tell you this is one DIY garden project you should definitely consider! Why? Think about how wonderful it would be to eat food grown from your own garden! Not too mention, the money you could save.
Armed with just a little background knowledge and your "green thumb," you can create a food-producing garden worthy of your dinner plate. That's what we hope to help you accomplish.
On Episode 18, we will walk you through our personal home vegetable garden building project and give you some tips and tricks on where to place your garden, which soil to use, how to plant your crops, and some basic maintenance advice.
This episode is for those of you who need help creating your very own vegetable garden, including how to build raised beds, where to place them, and which fruits and vegetables you wish to grow.
This is part one of our two-part podcast series on vegetable gardening basics. Listen to part 2 here.
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE content we are so excited to give to you! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!
Share your thoughts:
Leave a note in the comment section below.
Leave comments/ suggestions at Spokengarden@gmail.com
To help out our show:
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Learn how and why to build a vegetable garden. Also, learn about the benefits of building raised garden beds.
"And That's Good to Know" Segment
Alternating Mowing Patterns For The Health of Your Lawn.
What You'll Learn:
- Beginner's definition of vegetable gardening basics.
- Benefits of constructing raised garden beds
- Suggestions for fruits and vegetables you could grow.
- Why alternating your mowing patterns is healthy for your lawn.
Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Ep 19: Vegetable Gardening, Part 2- How to Place and Build Your DIY Raised Garden Bed.
- 3 Simple Things Gardeners Should Consider Before Planting a Vegetable Garden: Garden Basics Part 1.
- 9 Fruits and Vegetables to Plant Right Now For a Summer Harvest!
- How to Build Your Very First Raised Garden Bed
- Helpful mowing pattern ideas.
Recommended Products Mentioned in This Podcast:
- Great lawn mower
- Power Drill - What we used! .
- Hex-head Drill Driver
- Drill Bit
- Regular Hammer - What we used!
- Skill Saw
- Carpenter Pencil - What we used!
- Measuring Tape
- Carpenter's Square - What we used!
- Sledge Hammer
- Best pruning shears
- Burpee Seeds to get $5 off a $25 or more purchase.
Join the Spoken Garden Community!!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and gain access to our
growing selection of FREE garden resources!