Last Updated On: January 29th, 2019
Have you been looking at your plants and wondering if they could be transplanted to a different location in your garden? With our easy fall transplanting tips, you can decide what should or should not be transplanted based on our suggestions.
Of the many garden maintenance tasks you need to attend to this fall, transplanting is one task that may get overlooked but should be added to your maintenance list. The fall season is a great time to divide and transplant, or just transplant, certain plants to different areas.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn easy fall transplanting tips with suggestions for how to keep your plants healthy. Our tips and ideas will help you learn how to do it correctly!
This episode is for beginner to the more advanced gardeners who want to learn tips and strategies to better transplant their flowers, plants, or shrubs.
Fall Garden Task Series
For more information on various fall garden tasks, check out our 7-episode Fall Garden Tasks podcast series!!
Our 7-episode, podcast series will outline 8 different garden tasks you should be doing this fall or should consider adding to your list. All of these garden maintenance tasks are crucial to the health of your garden.
The FALL GARDEN TASKS episodes are:
- Ep. 22: Introduction to the 8 Fall Garden Tasks and our own Fall Garden Bootcamp Challenge!
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up
- Ep. 24: Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
- Ep. 25: Fall Pruning
- Ep. 26: Fall Planting, Transplanting, and Fertilizing
- Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance
- Ep. 28: Fall Garden Task Series Wrap-Up and Next Steps
Need Pruning Supplies For Your Fall Pruning Tasks??
- Check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
- Check out our Best Loppers post here to read our recommendations!!
Want Mulching Help??
We've created a FREE mulching cheat sheet for you!
Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper mulching, how to measure mulch, and steps to mulch successfully!
Sign up below for your free gift and also join our community for garden care tips and tricks!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Easy Fall Transplanting Tips
Learn best practices for fall transplanting with our suggested tips.
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
What You'll Learn:
- Why fall is a great time to transplant certain plants.
- Tips for how to determine if a plant is capable of transplanting.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up!
- Ep. 21: Proactive Weed Control Strategies For Any Season!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 6: Fall Perennial Planting Tips Demystified!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 4: To Divide or Not To Divide
- How to Mulch: 6 Basic Steps for Mulching Anytime Of Year
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork