Have you been wondering how best to clean up your power tools or hand tools so that they'll be ready for next spring season? With our easy fall equipment maintenance tips, you'll learn how to clean and/or maintain 3 specific tools that have probably had a lot of use over the past several months. These tools definitely need a little TLC.
The fall season is a great time to clean up your tools and restore their parts to better working conditions so they'll be ready when you need them next.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn about fall equipment maintenance tips. Our tips and ideas will help you learn how to do it correctly!
This episode is for beginner to the more advanced gardeners who want to learn how best to maintain their hand or power tools.
Fall Garden Tasks Podcast Series
For more information on various fall garden tasks, check out our 7-episode Fall Garden Tasks podcast series!!
Our 7-episode, podcast series will outline 8 different garden tasks you should be doing this fall or should consider adding to your list. All of these garden maintenance tasks are crucial to the health of your garden.
The FALL GARDEN TASKS episodes are:
- Ep. 22: Introduction to the 8 Fall Garden Tasks and our own Fall Garden Bootcamp Challenge!
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up
- Ep. 24: Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
- Ep. 25: Fall Pruning
- Ep. 26: Fall Planting, Transplanting, and Fertilizing
- Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance
- Ep. 28: Fall Garden Task Series Wrap-Up and Next Steps
Need Pruning Supplies For Your Fall Pruning Tasks??
- Check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
- Check out our Best Loppers post here to read our recommendations!!
Want to Learn to Prune Like a Pro?
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive your FREE cheat sheet! Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper pruning, different types of pruning cuts, steps to prune successfully, and pro-tips!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Fall Equipment Maintenance Tips!
Learn strategies for cleaning up and maintaining 3 different power or hand tools.
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
What You'll Learn:
- Equipment maintenance tips.
- Examples of 3 garden tools and how to maintain them.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener! The Must-Have Garden Tool!
- Best Loppers For Your Pruning Needs! The Powerful Garden Tool!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 9: Anvil vs. Bypass Pruning Shears
- How to Best Prune Your Garden This Winter
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork