Last Updated On: January 29th, 2019
Are planting and transplanting on your fall garden task list? What about fertilizing your lawn, flower beds, or plants? As part of our Fall Garden Tasks Podcast Series, this episode is full of fall garden planting and transplanting tips for your fall garden!
Planting and transplanting are garden maintenance tasks that are necessary for your garden's health. Fertilizing is a maintenance task that can take place any time of year, but fall is a great time. We have tips for you to make your fertilizing tasks more efficient and help keep your garden healthy.
By the end of this episode, you will know how to get your plants properly planted and how to fertilize your garden plants so they are ready for the winter months!!
This episode is for those of you newbies to more advanced gardeners who need help with general planting, transplanting and fertilizing maintenance tasks.
Stay tuned for our next episode of the Fall Garden Tasks Series, Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance!
Ep. 26 is part 5 of our 7-part podcast series for our Fall Garden Tasks and part of our Fall Garden Boot Camp Challenge!
Fall Garden Tasks Podcast Series
For more information on various fall garden tasks, check out our 7-episode Fall Garden Tasks podcast series!!
Our 7-episode, podcast series will outline 8 different garden tasks you should be doing this fall or should consider adding to your list. All of these garden maintenance tasks are crucial to the health of your garden.
The FALL GARDEN TASKS episodes are:
- Ep. 22: Introduction to the 8 Fall Garden Tasks and our own Fall Garden Bootcamp Challenge!
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up
- Ep. 24: Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
- Ep. 25: Fall Pruning
- Ep. 26: Fall Planting, Transplanting, and Fertilizing
- Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance
- Ep. 28: Fall Garden Task Series Wrap-Up and Next Steps
Need Pruning Supplies For Your Fall Pruning Tasks??
Want Mulching Help??
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive a FREE mulching cheat sheet!
Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper mulching, how to measure mulch, and steps to mulch successfully!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
Leave a note in the comment section below.
Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
To Help Out The Show:
Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Fall Garden Planting and Transplanting
Learn strategies for improving your planting and transplanting efforts this fall as well as fertilizing tips!
Part 5 of our 7-part podcast series for our 8-Fall Garden Tasks and part of our Fall Garden Boot Camp Challenge! Choose to Accept Our Fall Bootcamp Challenge to get your garden ready for this fall and winter!
Mulching Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
"And That's Good to Know" Segment
Garden Mushrooms and What it Means.
What You'll Learn:
- Basic planting and transplanting best practices, including how to be successful this fall.
- General fertilizing tips for the fall months.
- Why mushrooms show up in your garden and what that means about the health of your garden.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 16: Foolproof Fall Fertilizing
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 17: Easy Fall Transplanting Tips
- How to Mulch: 6 Basic Steps For Mulching Anytime of Year
- The Essential Guide to Shasta Daisies
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Osmocote Time-Release Fertilizer (Balanced)
- Tree Fertilizer & Root Feeder System
- Tree Spike Fertilizer
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic fan