Last Updated On: January 29th, 2019
In the fall, the leaves of your deciduous trees or shrubs in your yard turn bright yellow, orange, and/or red before dropping to the ground and needing to be picked up. But, what if you didn't need to pick them all up? In "Fall Leaves and Their 3 Benefits," we'll teach you why you should "leave" some of your leaves on the ground.
Of the many garden maintenance tasks you will need to consider this fall, how best to pick up your fallen leaves is surely on the list. With our tips, we'll teach you the right way to do it and help you save time and effort spent raking and collecting all those leaves.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn about these 3 benefits of fall leaves.
Be sure to listen to our soon-to-be-published Podcast Episode 23 - Fall Weeding & Leaf Clean up, the second episode of our 7-episode mini-series on the 8-Fall Garden Tasks you should be doing and our Fall Bootcamp Challenge! Episode 22 is the start of our 7-episode mini-series, too, so definitely listen and find out what all the excitement is about!
Also, check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
Want Mulching Help??
We've created a FREE mulching cheat sheet for you!
Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper mulching, how to measure mulch, and steps to mulch successfully!
Sign up below for your free gift and also join our community for garden care tips and tricks!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Fall Leaves and Their Benefits!
Learn why you should keep some of your fallen leaves on the ground this fall!
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
What You'll Learn:?
- 3 benefits to keeping your leaves on the ground.
- Proper leaf depth.
- Why you shouldn't keep all your fallen leaves on the ground.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 11: Fall Leaf Clean Up, Simplified!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 2: Pruning vs. Deadheading, Revealed
- How to Mulch: 6 Basic Steps For Mulching Anytime of Year!
- Top 7 Reasons Mulching Your Garden is Beneficial!
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork