Last Updated On: January 29th, 2019
Need help with your fall planting tasks? Make planting easier this season with our fall perennial planting tips! We have ideas and tips to help you, including soil depth and watering tips.
Fall planting is a garden maintenance task that can help your plants thrive for years to come with the proper know-how. Other fall garden tasks include pruning, mulching, weed control, and possibly pest prevention.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn about tips you can use for garden success.
This episode is for those of you newbies to more advanced gardeners who need help with the basics of planting your fall perennials.
Also, check out our Best Pruning Shears post here! Be sure to listen to our Podcast Episode 22, the start of our 7-episode mini-series on the 8-Fall Garden Tasks you should be doing and learn how to join our Fall Bootcamp Challenge!
Want to Learn to Prune Like a Pro?
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive your FREE cheat sheet! Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper pruning, different types of pruning cuts, steps to prune successfully, and pro-tips!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Fall Perennial Planting Tips
Need help with your fall planting? Learn planting tips and tricks about planting your perennial plants in the fall to help them thrive later.
What You'll Learn:?
- Why perennials should be planted in the fall.
- Tips and strategies for easier planting in the fall.
- Digging depths for your plants.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 4: To Divide or Not to Divide, Explained
- How to Best Prune Your Garden This Winter
- Ep. 9: Fall Pruning Do's and Don'ts
- How to Mulch: 6 Basic Steps for Mulching Anytime of Year
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Garden or Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork