Why Fall Pollinators?
Have you been wondering if there's a way to keep pollinators around after summer and into the fall season? Ever thought why it might be so important to try and attract them in the cooler months? With our Benefits of Fall Pollinator mini-podcast, you'll learn reasons why you should attempt to attract pollinators and how.
Bees, birds, and butterflies need you to give them an area to drink water, a place to rest, and plants full of nectar that they can eat. In return, these amazing garden wildlife creatures will fertilize plants, food, seeds, and nuts.
The fall season is a great time to attract pollinators as their food sources become more scarce. They need help from you in the cooler months.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn about fall pollinators and the benefits they offer to you and your garden.
This episode is for beginner gardeners who want to learn more about pollinators.
Fall Garden Task Series
For more information on various fall garden tasks, check out our 7-episode Fall Garden Tasks podcast series!!
Our 7-episode, podcast series will outline 8 different garden tasks you should be doing this fall or should consider adding to your list. All of these garden maintenance tasks are crucial to the health of your garden.
The FALL GARDEN TASKS episodes are:
- Ep. 22: Introduction to the 8 Fall Garden Tasks and our own Fall Garden Bootcamp Challenge!
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up
- Ep. 24: Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
- Ep. 25: Fall Pruning
- Ep. 26: Fall Planting, Transplanting, and Fertilizing
- Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance
- Ep. 28: Fall Garden Task Series Wrap-Up and Next Steps
Need Pruning Supplies For Your Fall Pruning Tasks??
- Check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
- Check out our Best Loppers post here to read our recommendations!!
Want to Learn to Prune Like a Pro?
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive your FREE cheat sheet! Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper pruning, different types of pruning cuts, steps to prune successfully, and pro-tips!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Learn why it's important to care for and attract pollinators in the fall.
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
What You'll Learn:
- Reasons why fall pollinators are beneficial.
- Quick tips to attract fall pollinators.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- How to Attract Pollinators to Your Garden Like a Boss!
- Ep. 20: How to Design and Build Your Own Pollinator Garden For Any Season
- Top 5 Best Pollinators You Should Attract To Your Garden Right Now
- Bonus Ep. 3: Renting Mason Bees
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork