How Gardening and Your Health are Connected
In this podcast, you'll hear about 6 ways in which your garden can improve, and is improving, your life. Hear Sean and Allison discuss their experiences with examples from their own garden.
What You'll Learn:
- How gardening is improving your health and your life.
- How gardening is connecting you with nature.
- How to stay in the present moment while gardening.
- Resources and links for more information.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
How Your Garden is Changing Your Life
Have you ever really stopped to think about all the ways in which your garden is affecting your life? Beyond just providing fresh flowers, herbs, or produce, your garden should be celebrated for all the health benefits it provides.
Maybe you just recently started gardening due to the COVID pandemic because you wanted to try a new hobby. Or, perhaps you grew up tending to other people's gardens and it was finally time for you to create your very own.
From connecting you with nature to bringing you into the present moment, your garden deserves praise and we'll teach you about 6 ways that your garden is improving your life in this podcast.
Look further below to see the full list of the 6 ways gardening can or is improving your life every day that we talk about in this podcast episode.
Watch our YouTube video below to see one of our favorite garden spaces that always brings us joy (at least in the summer months).
6 Ways Gardening Improves Your Life (#4 resonates for us!)
Gardening improves or can improve your life by:
- Your garden gives you purpose every single day (you have chores and tasks to do)
- Your garden teaches you that it's ok to make mistakes and to learn from those mistakes to become better.
- Your garden helps you stay healthy physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- Your garden forces you to be present in the moment and pay attention to what you are currently doing, and to notice all the beauty constantly around you.
- Your garden helps you connect with nature on different levels.
- Your garden teaches you how to care for other living things.
Thanks for Listening!!!
Also find us and subscribe on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker so you don't miss any future episodes!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Email us at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Share our show with your gardening friends.
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
- Watch us on our Spoken Garden YouTube channel.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.