Your plants need pruning to keep them healthy and looking great, but when you want to prune in the fall, what do you need to know so you aren't hurting your plants? In "Quick Fall Pruning Tips," we'll teach you the right way to prune for the best health of the plant.
Of the many garden maintenance tasks you will need to consider this fall, how best to prune your plants is probably at the top of your list. With our tips, based on our "3 Pillars of Pruning©", we'll teach you the right way to prune and how best to avoid pruning fails.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn about these tips.
Be sure to listen to our soon-to-be-published Podcast Episode 23 - Fall Weeding & Leaf Clean up, the second episode of our 7-episode mini-series on the 8-Fall Garden Tasks you should be doing and our Fall Bootcamp Challenge! Episode 22 is the start of our 7-episode mini-series, too, so definitely listen and find out what all the excitement is about!
Also, check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
Want to Learn to Prune Like a Pro?
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive your FREE cheat sheet! Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper pruning, different types of pruning cuts, steps to prune successfully, and pro-tips!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Quick Fall Pruning Tips!
Learn what you should prune now vs. what you should leave alone.
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
What You'll Learn:
- Tips for the reasons to prune certain plants now.
- How to apply the "3 Pillars of Pruning" to the fall season.
- How not to harm next year's spring growth.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener! The Must-Have Garden Tool!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 9: Anvil vs. Bypass Pruning Shears
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 2: Pruning vs. Deadheading, Revealed
- How to Best Prune Your Garden This Winter
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork