Last Updated On: January 31st, 2019
How do plants grow?
What is the difference between primary plant growth vs. secondary plant growth?
In "Understanding Basic Plant Growth," you'll hear a quick explanation and learn more about these changing plants in your garden.
Plants grow in specific ways depending on many different variables. In order to best care for them, you need to have an understanding of basic plant growth.
Listen to our quick segment on this "DIY Garden Minute" to learn about the difference between primary growth and secondary growth as well as basic plant growth knowledge.
This episode is for beginner gardeners who want to learn and understand basic plant growth.
Go to Eden Brothers Seeds for more information on how you can start your own heirloom garden plant varieties!
Want to Learn to Plant Like a Pro?
Garden Bulbs Edition
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive your FREE Bulb planting cheat sheet! Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper planting of your bulbs, different types of garden bulbs, steps to plant successfully, and more!
Are you looking to Save Seeds From Common Garden Vegetables? Look No Further!
We want to share with you the Simple Seed Saving course!
Simple Seed Saving is an online course developed by Kait's Garden, a Homesteading and Family Farming Blog, run by Kait Ahlin who lives with her husband and family in western Montana! She is passionate about organic gardening and seed saving and wants to share her knowledge with you through her course, Simple Seed Saving.
Watch a course demo here and be sure to let her know that Spoken Garden sent you!
Start collecting your garden vegetable seeds by following this easy-to-follow online course with downloadable reference charts. Plus, the course never expires because you have lifetime access! Best of all the condensed information of the course can be quickly completed in an afternoon!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Basic Plant Growth
Learn how plants grow and the difference between primary and secondary growth patterns.
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
What You'll Learn:
- Basic explanation of plants and their growth patterns.
- Why it's important to understand the difference between primary and secondary growth.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- 3 Simple Things Gardeners Should Consider Before Planting a Vegetable Garden
- Ep. 18: Vegetable Gardening Part 1- What Is It and Why Do It?
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 21: Fall Grass Seed Planting, Simplified
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 15: Fall Bulb Planting, Explained!
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Eden Brothers Seeds
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork