Last Updated On: December 18th, 2019
You know that garden bed you have that is dull and lacking color right now?
Want to brighten it up with bursts of color and interesting textures for seasons to come?
Liven up your winter garden with 7 perennial plants that flower in the colder weather.
In our DIY Garden Minute Ep. 50 - "Winter Flowering Plants to Liven Up Your Garden," we'll explain 7 different examples of winter-blooming plants that brings us color year after year.
This episode is meant for any level of gardener who wants to learn how to brighten up their winter garden with 7 specific plant suggestions.
For a free cheat sheet list of over 15 winter flowering plants click here!
Winter plants not only survive outside in the cold and frosty conditions, they actually produce blooms with colorful flowers depending on the plant!
These perennial plants will brighten up your pots, walkways, and beds with their spots of color in the dead of winter.
Whether you are ready to plant now or planning for next winter, there are many options to choose from.
7 examples of winter-blooming plants we will discuss in this podcast are:
- Japanese Pieris
Winter Flowering Plants Show Notes
Today's topic is "7 Winter Flowering Plants to Liven Up Your Garden"
We feature 7 amazing winter plants for you to consider.
However, there are so many other plants to choose from, so go to our Free Resources Page and download our entire list of Winter flowering plants!
If you don't have time to read each one of these, you can click on the links in this episodes show notes or on this episodes webpage to then find and download each plants profile sheets to read later. They are also available on our Free Resources page!
You can find other one-minute topics on our podcast page at spokengarden.com/podcast
Find us on your favorite podcast platform and Alexa through MyPod or AnyPod!
See ya in the Garden!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page!
We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Winter Blooming Plants
Learn about 7 flowering plants that bloom in the winter and could add color to your garden!
7 Winter Flowering Plants Cheat Sheet from our Free Resources Library
What You'll Learn:
- Ideas for brightening up your yard this winter.
- 7 perennials you can plant for winter color.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Camellia: A Gardener's Guide and Plant Profile
- Hello Hellebore
- The Camellia Flower and Its 6 Delightful Shapes: DIY Garden Minute Ep. 47
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 30: Understanding Basic Plant Growth
Other Gardening Products Related To This Podcast You Might Not Have:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
15+ Winter Flowering Plants
Subscribe to our Spoken Garden community and receive your FREE winter flowering plants cheat sheet!
Included in the cheat sheet for you:
- A list of over 15 various perennial flowers, shrubs, and trees you can plant in your winter garden!
- Includes both USDA and Sunset zones, Latin names, general flowering/blooming times, and plant flower colors.