Last Updated On: November 18th, 2019
Is garden equipment maintenance on your fall garden tasks list? As part of our Fall Garden Tasks Podcast Series, this episode is full of fall garden equipment maintenance tips and tricks for your garden!
Equipment maintenance is a garden maintenance task that you shouldn't neglect. To keep your hand and power tools working optimally, they need to be cleaned, updated, and sharpened at least once a year (if not more).
Also included in this episode is a description of the benefits of fall leaves. Learn how leaves can build new soil layers in your garden soil.
This episode is for those of you newbies to more advanced gardeners who need help with these maintenance tasks.
Stay tuned for our last episode of the Fall Garden Tasks Series, Ep. 28: Fall Series Wrap-Up, Reflection, and Next Steps!
Ep. 27 is part 6 of our 7-part podcast series for our Fall Garden Tasks and part of our Fall Garden Boot Camp Challenge!
Fall Garden Tasks Podcast Series
For more information on various fall garden tasks, check out our 7-episode Fall Garden Tasks podcast series!!
Our 7-episode, podcast series will outline 8 different garden tasks you should be doing this fall or should consider adding to your list. All of these garden maintenance tasks are crucial to the health of your garden.
The FALL GARDEN TASKS episodes are:
- Ep. 22: Introduction to the 8 Fall Garden Tasks and our own Fall Garden Bootcamp Challenge!
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up
- Ep. 24: Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
- Ep. 25: Fall Pruning
- Ep. 26: Fall Planting, Transplanting, and Fertilizing
- Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance
- Ep. 28: Fall Garden Task Series Wrap-Up and Next Steps
Need Pruning Supplies For Your Fall Pruning Tasks??
Want Mulching Help??
We've created a FREE mulching cheat sheet for you!
Included in the cheat sheet for you: Tools you will need for proper mulching, how to measure mulch, and steps to mulch successfully!
Sign up below for your free gift and also join our community for garden care tips and tricks!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden's free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
Leave a note in the comment section below.
Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@spokengarden.com
To Help Out The Show:
Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Fall Garden Equipment Maintenance
Learn strategies for cleaning up, sharpening, and updating your garden equipment and hand tools.
Part 6 of our 7-part podcast series of the 8 Fall Garden Tasks you should complete and part of our Fall Garden Boot Camp Challenge! Choose to Accept Our Fall Bootcamp Challenge to get your garden ready for this fall and winter!
Mulching Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
"And That's Good to Know" Segment
Starter Tool Sets For New Gardeners.
What You'll Learn:
- Tips for cleaning 3 different garden tools.
- Ways to update your lawn mower.
- How to best maintain loppers or hand pruners.
- How leaves can build new soil layers in your garden soil and other benefits of fall leaves.
- Which tools are best for a beginning gardener.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- Top 7 Reasons Mulching Your Garden is Beneficial!
- How to Mulch: 6 Basic Steps for Mulching Anytime of Year
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 18: Fall Equipment Maintenance Tips
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 26: Easy Garden Equipment Cleaning Tips
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic fan
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork